requiring the person against whom it is brought to show cause why the party bringing it should not have advantage of such record, or (in the case of a scire facias to repeal letters patent) why the record should not be annulled and vacated. 2 Archb. Pr. K. R. SO; Pub. St. Mass. p. 1295. The most common application of this writ is as a process to revive a judgment, after the lapse of a certain time, or on a change of parties, or otherwise to have execution of the judgment, in which cases it is merely a continuation of the original action. It is used more rarely as a mode of proceeding against special bail on their recognizance, and as a means of repealing letters patent, in which cases it is an original proceeding. 2 Archb. Pr. K. B. SO. And see Ivuapp v. Thomas, 39 Ohio St. 3S3, 48 Am. Rep. 402; Walker v. Wells, 17 Ga. 551, 03 Am. Dec. 252; Chestnut v. Chestnut, 77 111. 349; Lyon v. Ford, 20 D. C. 535; State Treasurer v. Foster, 7 Vt. 53; Lafayette County v. Won- derly, 92 Fed. 314. 34 C. C. A. 300; Hadaway v. Hyuson, 89 Md. 305, 43 Atl. 800.
What is SCOTCH PEERS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?