A trick variously practiced. One mode is as follows, the cir- cumstances being taken from 2 East, P. C. 678: The prisoner, with accomplices, being with their victim, pretend to find a ring wrapped in paper, appearing to be a jeweler’s receipt for a “rich, brilliant diamond ring.” They offer to leave the ring with the victim if lie will deposit some money and his watch as a security. lie lays down his watch and money, is beckoned out of the room by one of the confederates, while the others take away his watch, etc. This is a larceny.
What is RING-DROPPING?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?