The hypothecation of the cargo or goods on board a ship as se- curity for the repayment of a loan, the term “bottomry” being confined to hypothecations of the ship herself; but now the term “respondentia” is seldom used, and the expression “bottomry” is generally employed, whether the vessel or her cargo or both be the security. Maude & P. Shipp. 433; Smith, Merc. Law, 410. See Maitland v. The Atlantic, 10 Fed. Cas. 522. Respondentia is a contract by which a RESPONDERA SON SOVERAIGNE 1029
What is RESPONDENTIA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online