Upon an issue iu law arising upon a dilatory plea, the form of judgment for the plaintiff is that the defendant answer over, which is thence called a judgment of “respondeat ouster.” This not being a final judgment, the pleading is resumed, and the action proceeds. Steph. PI. 115; 3 Bl. Comm. 303; Bauer ?. Roth, 4 Rawle (Pa.) 91. Respondeat raptor, qui ignorare non potuit quod pupilium alienum ahduxit. llob. 99. Let the ravisher answer, for he cannot be ignorant that he has taken away another’s ward. Respondeat superior. Let the master answer. This ma.vini means that a master is liable in certain cases for the wrongful acts of his servant and a principal for those of his agent. Broom, Max. 843. See Southern Ry. Co. v. Morrison, 105 Ga. 543, 31 S. E. 504; liaehl v. Wabash it Co., 119 Mo. 325, 24 S. W. 737; State v. Gillespie, 02 Kan. 409, 03 Pac. 742, 84 Am. St. Rep. 411.
What is RESPONDEAT OUSTER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?