Lat. A writ upon which all proceedings in the court of exchequer were formerly grounded. In it the plaintiff suggests that he is the king’s debtor, and that the defendant has done him the injury or damage complained of, quo minus suffieiens existit, by which he is less able to pay the king’s debt. This was originally requisite in order to give jurisdiction to the court of exchequer ; but now this suggestion is a mere form. 3 Bl. Comm. 46. Also, a writ which lay for him who had a grant of house-bote and ha.v-bote In another’s woods, against the grantor making such waste as that the grantee could not enjoy his grant. Old Nat. Brev. 148. Quo modo quid constituitur eodem modo dissolvitur. Jenk. Cent. 74. In the same manner by which anything Is constituted by that it is dissolved.
What is QUO MINUS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?