Qui non propulsat injuriam quando potest, infert. Jenk. Cent. 271. He who does not repel an Injury when he can, induces it. Qui obstruit aditum, destruit com- modum. lie who obstructs a way, passage, or entrance destroys a benefit or convenience. Co. Litt. 101a. lie who prevents another from entering upon laud destroys the benefit which lie has from it. Id. Qui ornne dicit nihil excludit. 4 lust. 81. lie who says all excludes uothing. Qui parcit nocentibns innocentes pun- it. Jenk. Cent. 133. He who spares the guilty puuishes the innocent. Qui peccat ebrius luat sobrius. He who sins when drunk shall be punished when sober. Cary, 133; Broom, Max. 17. Qui per alium facit per seipsum facere videtur. lie who does a thing by an agent is considered as doing it himself. Co. Litt. 258; Broom, Max. 817. Qui per fraudem agit frnstra agit. 2 Bolle, 17. What a man does fraudulently he does in vain. Qui potest et debet vetare, jubet. He who can and ought to forbid a thiug [if he do not forbid itj directs it 2 Kent, Comm. 483, note. Qui primum peccat ille facit rixarn. Godb. He who sins first makes the strife. Qui prior est tempore potior est jure. He who is before in time is the better in right. Priority in time gives preference in law. Co. Litt. 14ay 4 Coke, 90a. A maxim of very extensive application, both at law and iu equity. Broom, Max. 353-302; 1 Story, Eq. Jur.
What is QUIA DATUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?