Lat. A writ of nuisance, which, by 15 Edw. I., lay against him to whom a house or other thing that caused a nuisance descended or was alienated ; whereas, before that statute the action lay only against him who first levied or caused the nuisance to the damage of his neighbor. Cowell. Qui abjurat regnum amittit regnum, sed non regem; patriam, sed non patrem patriae. 7 Coke, 9. He who abjures the realm leaves the realm, but not the king; the country, but not the father of the country. Qui accusat integree famse sit, et non criminosus. Let him who accuses be of clear fame, and not criminal. 3 Inst 20. Qui acquirit sibi acquirit hacredibus. He who acquires for himself acquires for his heirs. Tray. Lat. Max. 496. Qui adimit medium dirimit finem. He who takes away the mean destroys the end. Co. Litt 101a. He that deprives a man of the mean by which he ought to come to a thing deprives him of the thing itself. Id.; Litt
What is QUESTUS EST NOBIS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?