Lat. A writ of nuisance, which, by 15 Edw. I., lay against him to whom a house or other thing that caused a nuisance descended or was alienated ; whereas, before that statute the action lay only against him who first levied or caused the nuisance to the damage of his neighbor. Cowell. Qui abjurat regnum amittit regnum, sed non regem; patriam, sed non patrem patriae. 7 Coke, 9. He who abjures the realm leaves the realm, but not the king; the country, but not the father of the country. Qui accusat integree famse sit, et non criminosus. Let him who accuses be of clear fame, and not criminal. 3 Inst 20. Qui acquirit sibi acquirit hacredibus. He who acquires for himself acquires for his heirs. Tray. Lat. Max. 496. Qui adimit medium dirimit finem. He who takes away the mean destroys the end. Co. Litt 101a. He that deprives a man of the mean by which he ought to come to a thing deprives him of the thing itself. Id.; Litt
What is QUESTUS EST NOBIS?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?