ology to indicate that one subject resembles another, with which it Is compared, in cer- tain characteristics, but that there are also intrinsic differences between them. It is exclusively a term of classification. Prefixed to a term of Roman law, it implies that the conception to which it serves as an index is connected with the conception with which the comparison is instituted by a strong superficial analogy or resemblance. It negatives the notion of identity, but points out that the conceptions are sufficiently similar for one to be classed as the sequel to the other. Maine, Anc. Law, 332. Civilians use the expressions “quasi contractus.” “qnasi delictum,” “quasi possessio,” “quasi traditio,” etc. As to quasi “Affinity,” “Contract,” “Corporation,” “Crime,” “Delict,” “Deposit,” “Derelict,” “Easement,” “Entail,” “Fee,” “In Rem,” “Judicial,” “Municipal Corporation,” “Offense,” “Partners,” “Personalty,” “Possession,” “Posthumous Child,” “Purchase,” “Realty,” “Tenant,” “Tort,” “Traditio,” “Trustee,” and “Usufruct,” see those titles.
What is QUERELA INOFFICIOSI?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?