This word Is said to extend not only to real and personal actions, but also to the causes of actions and suits; so that by the release of all “quarrels,” not only actions pending, but also causes of action and suit, are released; and “quarrels,” “con- troversies,” and “debates” are In law considered as having the same meaning. Co. Litt. 8, 153; Termes de la Ley. In an untechnlcal sense, It signifies an altercation, an angry dispute, an exchange of recriminations, taunts, threats or accusations between two persons. See Carr v. Con- yers, 84 Ga. 2S7, 10 S. E. 630, 20 Am. St. Rep. 357; Accident Ins. Co. v. Bennett, 90 Teun. 256, 16 S. W. 723, 25 Am. St. Rep. 6S5; Metcalf v. People, 2 Colo. App. 202, 30 Pac. 39.
What is QUARREL?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?