circumstances, natural or adventitious, which are inherently or legally necessary to render him eligible to fill an ollice or to perform a public duty or function. Thus, the ownership of a freehold estate may be made the qualification of a voter; so the possession of a certain amount of stock in a corporation may be the qualification neces- sary to enable one to serve on its board of directors. Cummings v. Missouri, 4 Wall. 310, 18 L. Ed. 350; People v. Palen, 74 Ilun, 289, 26 N. Y. Supp. 225; Hyde v. State, 52 Miss. 665. Qualification for office is “endowment, or accomplishment that fits for an office; having the legal requisites, endowed with qualities suitable for the purpose.” State v. Seay, 04 Mo. 89, 27 Am. Rep. 200. Also a modification or limitation of terms or language; usually intended by way of re- striction of expressions which, by reason of their generality, would carry a larger mean- ing than was designed.
What is QUANDO A LIQUID MANDATUR?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?