circumstances, natural or adventitious, which are inherently or legally necessary to render him eligible to fill an ollice or to perform a public duty or function. Thus, the ownership of a freehold estate may be made the qualification of a voter; so the possession of a certain amount of stock in a corporation may be the qualification neces- sary to enable one to serve on its board of directors. Cummings v. Missouri, 4 Wall. 310, 18 L. Ed. 350; People v. Palen, 74 Ilun, 289, 26 N. Y. Supp. 225; Hyde v. State, 52 Miss. 665. Qualification for office is “endowment, or accomplishment that fits for an office; having the legal requisites, endowed with qualities suitable for the purpose.” State v. Seay, 04 Mo. 89, 27 Am. Rep. 200. Also a modification or limitation of terms or language; usually intended by way of re- striction of expressions which, by reason of their generality, would carry a larger mean- ing than was designed.
What is QUANDO A LIQUID MANDATUR?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?