Lat. In Roman law. Forms of words (of a qualifying character) inserted in the formula; in which the claims in actions were expressed; and, as they occupied an early place In the formulce, they were called by this name, i. e., qualifica- tions preceding the claim. For example, in an action to recover the arrears of an an- nuity, the claim was preceded by the words “so .far as the annuity is due and unpaid,” or words to the like effect (“cujus rei dies fuit”) Brown. Pra;sentare nihil aliud est quam prae- sto dare seu offere. To present is no more than to give or offer on the spot. Co. Litt 120. Praesentia corporis tollit errorem no- minis; et Veritas nominis tollit errorem demonstrationis. The presence of the body cures error in the name; the truth of the name cures an error of description. Broom, Max. 637, 639, 040.
What is PROSCRIPTIONES?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?