In Spanish law. Certain portions of ground laid off and reserved when a town was founded in Spanish America as the unalienable property of the town, for the purpose of erecting public buildings, markets, etc., or to be used in any other way, umler the direction of the municipality, for the advancement of the revenues or the prosperity of the place. 12 Pel. 4 12, note. Thus, there are solares, or house lots of a small size, upon which dwellings, simps, stores, etc., tire to be built. There are sucr- tcs. or sowing grounds of a larger size, for cultivating or planting; as gardens, vine yards, orchards, etc. There are cjiilos, which are quite well described by our word “commons,” and tire lands used in common by the inhabitants of the place for pasture, wood, threshing ground, etc.; and particular names are assigned to each, according to its particular use. Sometimes additional ejidos were allowed to be taken outside of the town limits. There are also propios or municipal lands, from which revenues are derived to defray the expenses of the municipal administration. Hart v. Buruett, 15 Cal. 554. PROPONE 957 PROPRIETATES VERBORUM
What is PROPIOS, PKORSIOS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?