In French law. A written report, which is signed, setting forth a statement of facts. This term is applied to the report proving the meeting and the resolutious passed at a meeting of shareholders, or to the report of a commission to take testimony. It can also be applied to the statement drawn up by a huissicr in relation to any facts which one of the parties to a suit can be Interested In proving; for instance the sale of a counterfeited object. Statements, drawn up by other competent authorities, of misdemeanors or other criminal acts, are also called by this name. Arg. Fr. Merc. Law, 570. A true relation in writing In due form of law of what has been done and said verbally in the presence of a public officer and of what he himself does on the occasion. Hall v. Hall, 11 Tex. 526, 539.
What is PROCES VERBAL?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?