The standard serial 8 bit connection standard, which has taken the place of the serial line internet protocol to a great extent, making it the most widely used method of creating a dial up connection to establish internet connectivity.
What is POINT TO POINT PROTOCOL (PPP)?
- SERIAL LINE INTERNET PROTOCOL (SLIP)
- TRANSMISSION CONTROL PROTOCOL/INTERNET PROTOCOL (TCP/IP)
- CHALLENGE-HANDSHAKE AUTHENTICATION PROTOCOL (CHAP)
- REAL TIME TRANSFER PROTOCOL (RTP)
- LIGHTWEIGHT DIRECTORY ACCESS PROTOCOL (LDAP)
- POST OFFICE PROTOCOL (POP)
- VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL (VOIP)
- SECURE COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
- WIRELESS APPLICATION PROTOCOL (WAP)
- SIMPLE MAIL TRANSFER PROTOCOL (SMTP)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check