In Its most extensive sense, “perquisites” signifies anything obtained by industry or purchased with money, dif PERQUISITES 895 PERSONALIS ACTIO ferent from that which descends from a father or ancestor. Bract. 1. 2, c. 30, n. 3. Profits accruing to a lord of a manor by virtue of his court-baron, over and above the yearly profits of his land; also other things that come casually and not yearly. Mozley & Whitley. In modern use. Emoluments or incidental profits attaching to an office or official po- sition, beyond the salary or regular fees. Delaplane v. Crenshaw, 15 Grat. (Va.) 468; Vansaut v. State, 90 Md. 110, 53 Atl. 711; Wren v. Luzerne County, 6 Kulp (Pa.) 37.
What is PERQUISITES?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check