Nobility; men of the highest rauk. Optimam esse legem, quae minimum relinquit arbitrio judicis; id quod certi- tudo ejus praestat. That law is the best which leaves the least discretion to the judge; aud this is an advantage which results from its certainty. Bac. Aphorisms, 8. Optimus interpres rerum usus. Use or usage is the best interpreter of things. 2 lust. 282; Broom, Max. 917, 930, 931. Optimus interpretandi modns est sic leges interpretari ut leges legibus concordant. 8 Coke, 109. The best mode of interpretation is so to interpret laws that they may accord with each other. Optimus legum interpres consuetudo. 4 Inst. 75. Custom is the best interpreter of the laws.
What is OPTIMACY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?