The whole natural day, or day and night, consisting of twenty- four hours. Enc. Lond. O. 0. 840 OATH o O. O. An abbreviation, In tbe civil law, for “ope consilio,” (q. v.) In American law, tliese letters are used as an abbreviation for “Orphans’ Court.” O. K. A conventional symbol, of obscure origin, much used iu commercial practice and occasionally in indorsements on legal documents, signifying “correct,” “approved,” “accepted,” “satisfactory,” or “assented to.” See Getchell & Martin Lumber Co. v. Peter- son, 124 Iowa, 599, 100 N. W. 550; Morgan- ton Mfg. Co. v. Ohio River, etc., Ity. Co., 121 N. C. 514, 28 S. E. 474, 61 Am. St. Rep. 079; Citizens’ Rank v. Farwell, 50 Fed. 570, 0 C. C. A. 24; Indianapolis, D. & W. R. Co. v. Sands, 133 Ind. 433, 32 N. E. 722. O. N. B. An abbreviation for “Old Na- tura Brevium.” See NATURA BREVIUM. O. Ni. It was the course of the English exchequer, as soon as the sheriff entered into and made up his account for issues, amerciaments, etc., to mark upon each head “O. Ni.,” which denoted oneratur, nisi habeat suflicientcm exoncrationem, and presently he became the king’s debtor, and a debet was set upon his head; whereupon the parties paravaile became debtors to the sheriff, and were discharged against the king, etc. 4 Inst. 116; Wharton. O. S. An abbreviation for “Old Style,” or “Old Series.”
What is NYCTHEMERON?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?