Lat Not to disturb what is settled. A rule expressing the same principle as that of stare decisis, (q. r.) Non qnod dictum est, sed quod factum est inspicitur. Not what is said, but what is done, is regarded. Co. Litt. 36a. Non refert an quis assensum suum praefert verbis, aut rebus ipsis et factis. 10 Coke, 52. It matters not whether a man gives his assent by his words or by his acts and deeds. Non refert quid ex sequipollentibus fiat. 5 Coke, 122. It matters not which of [two] equivalents happen. Non refert quid notnm sit judici, si notum non sit in forma judicii. It matters not what is known to a judge, if it be not known in judicial form. 3 Bulst. 115. A leading maxim of modern law and practice. Best, Ev. Introd. 31,
What is NON QUIETA MOVERE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?