A writ not to distrain. Non dubitatur, etsi specialiter venditor evictionem non promiserit, re evic- ta, ex empto competere actionem. It is certain that, although the vendor has not given a special guaranty, an action ex empto lies against him, if the purchaser is evicted. Code, 8, 45, 0; Broom, Max. 70S. Non efiicit affectus nisi scquatur cf- fectus. The intention amounts to nothing unless the effect follow. 1 Kolle, 220. Non erit alia lex Romse, alia Athacnis; alia nunc, alia postbac; sed ct omnes gentes, et omni tempore, una lex, et sempiterna, et iminortalis contincbit. There will not be one law at Rome, another at Athens; one law now, another hereafter; but one eternal and immortal law shall bind together all nations throughout all time. Cic. Frag, de Itepub. lib. 3; 3 Kent, Comm. 1. Non est arctius vinculum inter homines quam jusjurandum. There is no closer [or firmer] bond between men than an oath. Jenk. Cent. p. 120, ease 54. Non est certandum de regulis juris. There is no disputing about rules of law. Non est eonsonnm ration!, quod cog- nitio accessorii in cnria christianitatis impediatur, ubi cognitio causae principalis ad forum ecclesiasticum noscitur pertinere. 12 Coke, 05. It is unreasonable that the cognizance of an accessory matter should be Impeded in an ecclesiastical court, when the cognizance of the principal cause is admitted to appertain to an ecclesiastical court. Non est disputandum contra principia negantem. Co. Litt. 343. We cannot dispute against a man who denies first principles.
What is NON DISTRINGENDO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?