A writ not to distrain. Non dubitatur, etsi specialiter venditor evictionem non promiserit, re evic- ta, ex empto competere actionem. It is certain that, although the vendor has not given a special guaranty, an action ex empto lies against him, if the purchaser is evicted. Code, 8, 45, 0; Broom, Max. 70S. Non efiicit affectus nisi scquatur cf- fectus. The intention amounts to nothing unless the effect follow. 1 Kolle, 220. Non erit alia lex Romse, alia Athacnis; alia nunc, alia postbac; sed ct omnes gentes, et omni tempore, una lex, et sempiterna, et iminortalis contincbit. There will not be one law at Rome, another at Athens; one law now, another hereafter; but one eternal and immortal law shall bind together all nations throughout all time. Cic. Frag, de Itepub. lib. 3; 3 Kent, Comm. 1. Non est arctius vinculum inter homines quam jusjurandum. There is no closer [or firmer] bond between men than an oath. Jenk. Cent. p. 120, ease 54. Non est certandum de regulis juris. There is no disputing about rules of law. Non est eonsonnm ration!, quod cog- nitio accessorii in cnria christianitatis impediatur, ubi cognitio causae principalis ad forum ecclesiasticum noscitur pertinere. 12 Coke, 05. It is unreasonable that the cognizance of an accessory matter should be Impeded in an ecclesiastical court, when the cognizance of the principal cause is admitted to appertain to an ecclesiastical court. Non est disputandum contra principia negantem. Co. Litt. 343. We cannot dispute against a man who denies first principles.
What is NON DISTRINGENDO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?