Noil debet actori licere quod reo non permittitur. A plaintiff ought not to be allowed what is not permitted to a defendant A rule of the civil law. Dig. 50, 17, 41. Non debet adduci exceptio ejus rei cujus petitur dissolutio. A plea of the same matter the dissolution of which is sought |.by the action] ought not to be brought for- ward. Broom, Max. 100, Non debet alii nocere, quod inter alios actum est. A person ought not to be preju- diced by what has been done between others. Dig. 12, 2, 10. Non debet alteri per alterum iniqua conditio inferri. A burdensome condition ought uot to be brought upou one mau by the act of another. Dig. 50, 17, 74. Non debet cui plus licet, quod minus est non liccre. lie to whom the greater is lawful ought not to be debarred from the less as unlawful. Dig. 50, 17, 21; Broom, Max. 170. Non debet dici tendcre in praejudicium ecclesiastical liberatatis quod pro rege et republica nccessarium videtur. 2 Inst 025. That which seems necessary for the king and the state ought not to be said to tend to the prejudice of spiritual liberty. Non decct bomines dedere causa non cognita. It is unbecoming to surrender men when no cause is shown. In re Washburn, 4 Johns. Ch. (N. Y.) 100, 114, 8 Am. Dec. 548; Id., 3 Wheeler, Cr. Cas. (N. Y.) 473, 4S2.
What is NON DEBET ACTORI LICERE 824 NON EST FACTUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?