In the name of a penalty. In the civil law, a legacy was said to be left nomine poena where it was left for the purpose of coercing the heir to do or not to do something. Inst. 2, 20, 3G. The term has also been applied, in English law, to some kinds of covenants, such as a covenant inserted in a lease that the lessee shall forfeit a certain sum on non- payment of rent, or on doing certain things, as plowing up ancient meadow, and the like. 1 Crabb, Real Prop. p. 17i,
What is NOMINE PCENJE?
- CATALLIS CAPTIS NOMINE DIS- TRICTIONIS
- SUO NOMINE
- EO NOMINE
- IN NOMINE DEI, AMEN
- DE NOMINE PROPRIO NON EST CURANDUM CUM IN SUBSTANTIA NON ERRCTUR; QUIA NOMINA MUTABILIA SUNT, RES AUTCM IMMOBILE
- ADVOCATUS EST, AD QUCM PERTINET JUS ADVOCATIONIS ALICUJUS ECCLESIAE, UT AD ECCLESIAAN, NOMINE PROPRIO, NON ALIENO, POSSIT PRSESENTARE
- NET LEASE
- MASTER LEASE
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?