In Scotch law. An equitable power of the court of session, to give relief when none is possible at law. Ersk. Inst. 1, 3, 22; Bell. Nobiles magis plectuntur pecunia; plehes vero in corpore. 3 Inst. 220. The higher classes are more punished in money; but the lower in person. Nobiles sunt, qui arma gentilitia an- tecessornm suoruni proferre possunt. 2 Inst. 595. The gentry are those who are able to produce armorial bearings derived by descent from their own ancestors. Nobiliores et benigni ores presumptions in dubiis sunt pracferendie. In cases of doubt, the more generous and more benign presumptions are to be preferred. A civil-law maxim. Nobilitas est duplex, superior et inferior. 2 Inst. 583. There are two sorts of nobility, the higher and the lower.
What is NOBILE OFFICIUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?