1. Asset’s selling price minus sale transaction expenses minus expenses for bringing the asset to a saleable state. In the ‘lower of cost or market value’ rule applied to inventory valuation, this is the maximum amount. 2. Asset’s expected future earnings minus asset expenses in owning, maintaining, operating, and, in the case of land, developing the asset.
What is NET REALIZABLE VALUE OF ASSET?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?