Lat. No one; no man. The iui- tial word of many Latin phrases and maxims, among which are the following: Nemo admittendus est inhabilitare seipsuin. Jenk. Cent. 40. No mau is to be admitted to incapacitate himself. Nemo agit in seipsum. No man acts agaiust himself. Jenk. Cent. p. 40, case 70. A man cannot be a judge and a party in his own cause. Id.; Broom, Max. 210/i. Nemo aliense rei, sine satisdatione, defensor idoneus intelligitur. No man is considered a competent defender of another’s property, without security. A rule of the Roman law, applied in part in admiralty cases. 1 Curt. 202. Nemo alieno nomine lege agere potest. No one can sue in the uame of another. Dig. 50, 17, 123. Nemo allegans suam tnrpitndinem est audiendus. No one alleging his own baseness is to be heard. The courts of law have
What is NEMO?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online