Lat. No one; no man. The iui- tial word of many Latin phrases and maxims, among which are the following: Nemo admittendus est inhabilitare seipsuin. Jenk. Cent. 40. No mau is to be admitted to incapacitate himself. Nemo agit in seipsum. No man acts agaiust himself. Jenk. Cent. p. 40, case 70. A man cannot be a judge and a party in his own cause. Id.; Broom, Max. 210/i. Nemo aliense rei, sine satisdatione, defensor idoneus intelligitur. No man is considered a competent defender of another’s property, without security. A rule of the Roman law, applied in part in admiralty cases. 1 Curt. 202. Nemo alieno nomine lege agere potest. No one can sue in the uame of another. Dig. 50, 17, 123. Nemo allegans suam tnrpitndinem est audiendus. No one alleging his own baseness is to be heard. The courts of law have
What is NEMO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check