Lat. No one; no man. The iui- tial word of many Latin phrases and maxims, among which are the following: Nemo admittendus est inhabilitare seipsuin. Jenk. Cent. 40. No mau is to be admitted to incapacitate himself. Nemo agit in seipsum. No man acts agaiust himself. Jenk. Cent. p. 40, case 70. A man cannot be a judge and a party in his own cause. Id.; Broom, Max. 210/i. Nemo aliense rei, sine satisdatione, defensor idoneus intelligitur. No man is considered a competent defender of another’s property, without security. A rule of the Roman law, applied in part in admiralty cases. 1 Curt. 202. Nemo alieno nomine lege agere potest. No one can sue in the uame of another. Dig. 50, 17, 123. Nemo allegans suam tnrpitndinem est audiendus. No one alleging his own baseness is to be heard. The courts of law have
What is NEMO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?