The name of an ancient collection of original writs, accompanied with brief commeuts and explanations, compiled iu the time of Edward 111. This is commonly called “Old Natura Breviuin,” (or “O. N. B.,”) to distinguish it from Fitzher- bert’s Natura Brevium, a later work, cited as “F. N. B.,” or “Fitzh. Nat Brev.” Natura fide jussionis sit strictissimi juris ct non durat vel extendatur de re ad rem, de persona ad personam, de tempore ad tempus. The nature of the contract of suretyship is strictissimi juris, and cannot endure nor be extended from thing to thing, from person to person, or from time to time. Burge, Sur. 40. Natura non facit sal turn; ita nec lex. Nature makes no leap, [no sudden or irregular movement;] so neither does law. Co. Litt. 238. Applied in old practice to the regular observance of the degrees in writs of entry, which could not be passed over per solium. Natura non facit vacuum, neo lex
What is NATURA BREVIUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?