Owned by its depositors and sometimes borrowers, who are referred to as members in a saving and loan association. The members elect directors to its board of trustees. Members have no direct claim to the association’s earnings and mutual associations do not issue stock shares. Credit unions are a type of mutual association.
What is MUTUAL ASSOCIATION?
- MUTUAL BENEFIT ASSOCIATION
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HEALTH UNDERWRITERS
- BUILDING AND LOAN ASSOCIATION
- CLOSED-END MUTUAL FUND
- ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
- HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION (HOA)
- MORTGAGE BANKERS ASSOCIATION
- OPEN END MUTUAL FUND
- AMERICAN MARKETING ASSOCIATION (AMA)
- ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINERS (ACFE)
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?