An assemblage of rnanj people. According to Coke it is not a word of very precise meaning; for some authorities hold that there must be at least ten persons to make a multitude, while others maintain that no definite number is fixed by law. Co. Litt. 257. Multitudinem decern faciunt. Co. Litt. 257. Ten make a multitude. Multitudo errantium non pai’it crrori patrocinum. The multitude of those who err furnishes no countenance or excuse for error. 11 Coke, 75a. It is no excuse for error that it is entertained by numbers. Multitudo imperitorum pcrdit curiam. The great number of unskillful practitioners ruins a court. 2 Inst. 219.
What is MULTITUDE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?