Iu maritime law. Anchoring or making fast to the shore or dock; the securing or confining a vessel in a particular station, as by cables and anchors or by a line or chain run to the wharf. A vessel is “moored In safety,” within the meaning of a policy of marine insurance, when she is thus moored to a wharf or dock, free from any immediate danger from auy of the perils insured against. See 1 Phil. Ins. 908; Walsh v. New York Floating Dry Dock Co., 8 Daly (N. Y.) 387; Flandreau v. Elsworth, 9 Misc. Rep. 340. 29 N. Y. Supp. 094; Bramhall v. Sun Mut. Ins. Co., 104 Mass. 510, 0 Am. ltep. 261. MOOT, n. In English law. Moots are exercises in pleading, and In arguing doubtful cases and questions, by the students of an inn of court before the benchers of the inn. Sweet. In Saxon law. A meeting or assemblage of people, particularly for governmental or judicial purposes. The more usual forms of the word were “mote” and “gemot.” See those titles.
What is MOORING?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?