weeks after conception. Retween that time, and before the expiration of the sixth month, when the child may possibly live, it is termed “abortion.” When the delivery takes place soon after the sixth month, it is denominated “premature labor.” But the criminal act of destroying the foetus at any time before birth is termed, in law, “pro- curing miscarriage.” Chit. Med. ,lur. 410. See Smith v. State, 33 Me. 50, 54 Am. Dec. 607; State v. Howard, 32 Vt. 402; Mills v. Com., 13 Pa. 632; State v. Crook, 16 Utah, 212, 51 Pac. 1091. In practice. As used in the statute of frauds, (“debt, default, or miscarriage of an- other,”) this term means any species of unlawful conduct or wrongful act for which the doer could be held liable in a civil action. Gansey v. Orr, 173 Mo. 532, 73 S. W. 477.
What is MISERERE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?