In Scotch law. Improvements of an estate, other than mere re- pairs; betterments. 1 Bell, Comm. 73. Occasionally used in English and American law in the sense of valuable and lasting improvements or betterments. See Green v. Biddle, 8 Wheat. S4, 5 L. Ed. 547. Meliorem conditionem eeclesise suse facere potest prcelatus, deteriorem ne- quaquam. Co. Litt 101. A bishop can make the condition of his own church better, but by no means worse. Meliorem conditionem suam facere potest minor, deteriorem nequaquam. Co. Litt 337. A minor can make his own condition better, but by no means worse. Melius est in tempore occurrere, quam post causam vulneratum remedium quaerere. 2 Inst 299. It is better to meet a thing in time than after an injury inflicted to seek a remedy. Melius est jus deiiciens quam jus in- certum. Law that is deficient is better than law that is uncertain. Lott’t, 395. Melius est omnia mala pati quam malo consentire. 3 Inst. 23. It is better to suffer every ill than to consent to ill. Melius est petere fontes quam sectari rivulos. It is better to go to the fountain head than to follow little streamlets. Melius est recurrere quam male cur- rere. It is better to ruu back than to run badly; it is better to retrace one’s steps than to proceed improperly. 4 Inst. 176.
What is MELIORATIONS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?