In Scotch law. Improvements of an estate, other than mere re- pairs; betterments. 1 Bell, Comm. 73. Occasionally used in English and American law in the sense of valuable and lasting improvements or betterments. See Green v. Biddle, 8 Wheat. S4, 5 L. Ed. 547. Meliorem conditionem eeclesise suse facere potest prcelatus, deteriorem ne- quaquam. Co. Litt 101. A bishop can make the condition of his own church better, but by no means worse. Meliorem conditionem suam facere potest minor, deteriorem nequaquam. Co. Litt 337. A minor can make his own condition better, but by no means worse. Melius est in tempore occurrere, quam post causam vulneratum remedium quaerere. 2 Inst 299. It is better to meet a thing in time than after an injury inflicted to seek a remedy. Melius est jus deiiciens quam jus in- certum. Law that is deficient is better than law that is uncertain. Lott’t, 395. Melius est omnia mala pati quam malo consentire. 3 Inst. 23. It is better to suffer every ill than to consent to ill. Melius est petere fontes quam sectari rivulos. It is better to go to the fountain head than to follow little streamlets. Melius est recurrere quam male cur- rere. It is better to ruu back than to run badly; it is better to retrace one’s steps than to proceed improperly. 4 Inst. 176.
What is MELIORATIONS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online