Steels that contain very little nickel or other alloying metal, yet a high amount of chromium. Heat treatment of these steels hardens them and makes them stronger but also more brittle. they are used mainly for surgical instruments and in oil industry, they are designated as 400 series. Their orthorhombic molecular structure was discovered by German researcher Adolf Martens in 1890.
What is MARTENSITIC STAINLESS STEELS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?