1. Ongoing market valuation of a public firm with publicly traded shares calculated as outstanding shares held by the shareholders counted times the current per share market price. It is, however, neither the reasonable price of the firm nor a realistic estimate of the firm’s actual size. Trading in only a fraction of the firm’s total outstanding shares shows in a share’s market price. 2. Tally of all securities traded on a financial market as the current market value.
What is MARKET CAPITALIZATION (MARKET CAP)?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?