An advantage or protection is secured by this type of transaction against a possible price increase of a traded item, like a commodity, financial instrument, security, and the like. These will be bought or sold in the future. It intends to provide some partial protection for buyers and consumers by securing at a fixed ceiling price a specific future supply. It intends to lock in an advantageous floor price for the seller. Also known as buy hedge, buying hedge, or purchasing hedge. Also refer to short hedge.
What is LONG HEDGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?