Lex scripta si cesset, id custodiri oportet quod moribus et consuetudine inductum est; et, si qua in re hoc de- fecerit, tunc id quod proxiwuin et con- sequens ei est; et, si id non appareat, tunc jus quo urbs Romana utitur servari oportet. 7 Coke, 19. If the written law be silent, that which is drawn from manners aud custom ought to be observed; and, if that is iu any manner defective, then that which is next and analogous to it; and, if that does not appear, then the law which Rome uses should be followed. This maxim of Lord Coke is so far followed at the present day that, in cases where there is no precedent of the English courts, the civil law is always heard with respect, and often, though not necessarily, followed. Wharton. Lex semper dabit remedium. The law will always give a remedy. Branch, Princ.; Broom, Max. 192. Lex semper intendit qnod convenit ration!. Co. Litt. 786. The law always Intends what is agreeable to reason. Lex spectat naturae ordinem. The law regards the order of nature. Co. Litt. 1976. Lex succurrit ignorant!. Jenk. Cent. 15. The law assists the ignorant. Lex succurrit minoribus. The law aids minors. Jenk. Cent. p. 51, case 97. Lex uno ore omnes alloquitur. The law addresses all with one [the same] mouth or voice. 2 Inst. 184. Lex vigilantibus, non dormientibus, subvenit. Law assists the wakeful, not the sleeping. 1 Story, Cont
What is LEX SCKIPTA SI CESSET719 LIBEL?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?