a health insurance policy that the insurance company cannot cancel as long as the premiums are paid.
Archive | N RSS feed for this section
the term that describes the condition where a person is lacking the essentials like food, clothing and shelter.
The name that is given to a minor who isn’t getting the care he is entitled to.
the term that is given to a will that does not need the executor to post a bond.
the term that is given to the conscious and knowing neglect of duty and knowing that the conduct results in in jury or damage to another person.
the profit that remains after all of the expenses, taxes and liabilities have been paid.
a term applied to a body of water that is navigable by a boat or ship.
the notice that is written and requires a party to produce for the court certain papers and documents.
the name that is given to an answer of a witness that evades the question.
a contract where no payments will be made. See nudum pactum.
the term that describes a nuisance that affects the general public that differs from one affecting one person.
a word used to indicate her name before she was married. It is French word for previously known as.
the term that is applied to damages that can’t be calculated accurately in monetary terms.
the term that describes neglect that is contrary to the conduct of a reasonable and prudent person see negligence per se.
the name given to a person who acts for a child in the court room.
term that applies to bodies of water that a ship is unable to pas through.
a Latin phrase for a court order that forbids a person involved in a legal matter to leave the country or state where the court has jurisdiction.
the term given to a nuisance that results from the location of premises or the activity it is involved in.
the abbreviation that is sued for the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations.
the term that is applied to discussions that lead to the conclusion of an agreement or a transaction.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?