the name given to the documents that present facts to the judge and jury.
the name given to the binding injunction that is issued after all rights have been determined.
This term is given to a foreigner living in the US with no right to stay who has taken no steps to become a citizen.
the term that is given to the person who is holding the keys to a prison or jail.
an offense towards a child when an adult makes sexual advances towards them.
the agreement where an insurance company pays for losses due to fires.
the term that is given to a judgement or an order handed down by a court that has been based on erroneous information.
This means depending on something else, is likely to happen or is happening in addition to another event.
the term used for people who are free from legal action due to reasons of public policy.
The term used for the insurance policy that is for loss or damage that has occurred from an accident.
These are the debts and assets of a party in a partnership that are his and the partnerships.
This term describes a person who enters a country for permanent residence from another country.
a term that applies to being exempt or free from being subpoenaed while working in a public office.
term that means to ask a question.
the term that describes any body of water that is not connected the ocean directly.
This term applies to a statement that leads towards establishing guilt.
the term where the evidence is vital to proving a fact.
The term that describes the final charges that are given to a jury before they begin deliberation.
a bond that will compensate for a loss.
a term that means the fundamental right a person has. See inalienable right.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online