Offer termination, regardless of the reason, other than completion of the deal. An offer lapses due to (1) expiration date reached; (2) a reasonable period has gone by, having no specified expiration date; (3) offeror or the offeree dies before acceptance; (4) operation of law makes the offer illegal or impossible. Unless the offeror and the offeree understand that the offer continues, typically, an orally stated offer ends/lapses.
What is LAPSE OF OFFER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?