Financial market, economic indicators that only change following economic change to a new trend or pattern. Usually six months precedes a shift in these indicators, trailing behind the overall economic cycle versus moving with it (contrast coincident indicators) versus moving ahead of it (contrast leading indicators). The unemployment rate, outstanding consumer and business loans, business spending and profits, business inventories book value, unit labor costs, and consumer price index (CPI) are all major lagging indicators.
What is LAGGING INDICATORS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?