Commencement; opening; initiation. The beginning of the operation ofa contract or will, or of a note, mortgage, lien, etc.; the beginning of a cause or suit iucourt. Oriental Hotel Co. v. Griffiths, 88 Tex. 574, 33 S. W. 652, 30 L. R. A. 7G5, 53 Am.St. Rep. 790; Sullivan v. Coal Co., 94 Tex. 541, 03 S. W. 307; Marvin v. McCul- lum, 20Johns. (N. Y.) 288; State v. Bollero, 112 La. 850, 30 South. 754.Incerta pro nnllis habentnr. Uncertain things are held for nothing. Dav. Ir. IC. B. 33.Incerta qnantitas vitiat actum. 1 Rolle R. 405. An uncertain quantity vitiates the act.
What is INCEPTION?
- Secured Transactions
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Law (Chemerinsky)
- Constitutional Law (Cherminisky)
- Constitutional Law
- Civil Procedure with Flowcharts
- Civil Procedure: Cases and Problems (Ides and May)
- Civ Pro II (Glannon)
- Civil Procedure I (Clermont)
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?