In the nature of things; in the realm of actuality; in existence.In a dilatory plea, an allegation that the plaintiff is not in rerum natura is equivalent toaverring that the person named is fictitious. 3 Bl. Comm. 301. In the civil law thephrase is applied to tilings. Inst . 2, 20, 7.Iu restitutionem, non in pcenam haires succedit. The heir succeeds to the restitution,not to the penalty. Au heir may be compelled to make restitution of a sum unlawfullyappropriated by the ancestor, but is uot answerable criminally, as for a penalty. 2 Inst. 198.In restitutionibus benignissima inter- pretatio facienda est. Co. Litt. 112. The mostbenignant interpretation is to be made In restitutions.In satisfactionibus non permittitur amplius fieri quam semel factum est. Illpayments, more must not be received than has been received once for all. 9 Coke, 53.
What is IN RERUM NATURA?
- AD RECTE DOCENDUM OPORTET, PRIMUM IN- QUIRERE NOMINA, QUIA RERUM COGNITIO A NOMINIBUS RERUM DEPENDET
- DE NULLO, QUOD EST SUA NATURA INDI- VISIBILE, ET DIVISIONCM NON PATITUR, NULLUM PARTEM HABEBIT VIDUA, SED SATIS- FACIAT EI AD VALENTIAM
- JUS RERUM
- NATURA BREVIUM
- OLD NATURA BREVIUM
- SUAPTE NATURA
- DE ACQUIRE NDO RERUM DOMINIO
- ACTIO RERUM AMOTARUIN
- CUM ADSUNT TESTIMONIA RERUM, QUID OPUS EST VERBIS
- ASTITRARIUS HJERES
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?