In the nature of things; in the realm of actuality; in existence.In a dilatory plea, an allegation that the plaintiff is not in rerum natura is equivalent toaverring that the person named is fictitious. 3 Bl. Comm. 301. In the civil law thephrase is applied to tilings. Inst . 2, 20, 7.Iu restitutionem, non in pcenam haires succedit. The heir succeeds to the restitution,not to the penalty. Au heir may be compelled to make restitution of a sum unlawfullyappropriated by the ancestor, but is uot answerable criminally, as for a penalty. 2 Inst. 198.In restitutionibus benignissima inter- pretatio facienda est. Co. Litt. 112. The mostbenignant interpretation is to be made In restitutions.In satisfactionibus non permittitur amplius fieri quam semel factum est. Illpayments, more must not be received than has been received once for all. 9 Coke, 53.
What is IN RERUM NATURA?
- AD RECTE DOCENDUM OPORTET, PRIMUM IN- QUIRERE NOMINA, QUIA RERUM COGNITIO A NOMINIBUS RERUM DEPENDET
- DE NULLO, QUOD EST SUA NATURA INDI- VISIBILE, ET DIVISIONCM NON PATITUR, NULLUM PARTEM HABEBIT VIDUA, SED SATIS- FACIAT EI AD VALENTIAM
- JUS RERUM
- NATURA BREVIUM
- SUAPTE NATURA
- OLD NATURA BREVIUM
- ACTIO RERUM AMOTARUIN
- DE ACQUIRE NDO RERUM DOMINIO
- CUM ADSUNT TESTIMONIA RERUM, QUID OPUS EST VERBIS
- ASTITRARIUS HJERES
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?