In another place.In alta proditione nullus potest esse accessorius sed principalis solummodo.3 Inst. 138. In high treason no oue can be an accessary but only principal.In alternatives electio est debitoris.In alternatives the debtor has the election.In ambigua voce legis ea potius acci- pienda est significatio quse vitio caret, prsesertimcum etiam voluntas legis ex koc colligi possit. In an ambiguous expression of law, thatsignification is to be preferred which is consonant with equity, especially when the spiritof the law can be collected from that. Dig. 1, 3, 19; Broom, Max. 570.In ambignis casibns semper prsesumiturpro rege. In doubtful cases the presumption is always in favor of the king.In ambiguis orationibns maxime sen- tentia spectanda est ejus qui eas protul- isset. Inambiguous expressions, the intention of the person using them is chiefly to beregarded. Dig. 50, 17, 96; Broom, Max. 567.In Anglia non est interregnnm. InEngland there is no interregnum. Jenk. Cent. 205; Broom, Max. 50.
What is IN ALIO LOCO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?