Disabilities, or hindrances to the making of contracts, such ascoverture, infancy, want of reason, etc.In the civil law. Bars to marriage.Absolute impediments are those which prevent the person subject to them frommarrying at all, without either the nullity of marriage or its being punishable. Diri- mantimpediments are those which render a marriage void; as where one of the contractingparties is unable to marry by reason of a prior undissolved marriage. Prohibitiveimpediments are those which do not render the marriage null, but subject the parties toa punishment. Relative impediments are those which regard only certain persons withrespect to each other; as between two particular persons wTho are related within theprohibited degrees. Bowyer, Mod. Civil Law, 44, 45.
What is IMPEDIMENTS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?