In feudal law. A service (or the ceremony of rendering it) which a tenantwas bound to perform to his lord on receiving investiture of a fee, or succeeding to it asheir, in acknowledgment of the tenure. It is described by Littleton as the mosthonorable service of reverence that a free tenant might do to his lord. The ceremonywas as follows: The tenant, being ungirt and with bare head, knelt before the lord,the latter sitting, and held his hands extended and joined between the hands of thelord, and said: “I become your man [homo] from this day forward, of life and limb andearthly honor, and to you will be faithful and loyal, and bear you faith, for thetenements that I claim to hold of you, saving the faith that I owe unto our sovereignlord the king, so help me God.” The tenant then received a kiss from the lord. Homagecould be done only to the lord himself. Litt.
What is HOMAGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?