A person given to ebriety or the excessive use of intoxicatingdrink, who has lost the i>ower or the will, by frequent indulgence, to controlhis appetite for it Ludwick v. Com., 18 Pa. 174; Gourlay v. Gourlay, 16 It. I. 705, .19Atl. 142; Miskey’s Appeal, 107 Pa. 020; Richards v. Richards, 19 111. App. 407; Mc- Beev. McP.ee, 22 Or. 329, 29 Pac. 887, 29 Am. St. Rep. 013.One who has the habit of indulging in intoxicating liquors so firmly fixed that hebecomes intoxicated as often as the temptation is presented by his being in the vicinitywhere liquors are sold is an “habitual drunkard,” within the. meaning of the divorcq law.Magahay v. Magahay, 35 Mich. 210.In England, it is defined bv the habitual drunkards’ act, 1879. (42 & 43 Vict. c. 19.)which authorizes confinement in a retreat, upon the party’s own application, as “aperson who, not being amenable to any jurisdiction in lunacy, is, notwithstanding, byreason of habitual intemperate drinking of intoxicating liquor, at times dangerous tohimself, or herself, or others. or incapable of managing himself or herself, or his or heraffairs.”
What is HABITUAL DRUNKARD?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?