Movable goods which may be estimated and replaced accordingto weight, measure, and number. Things belonging to a class, which do not have to bedealt with in specie.Those things one specimen of which is as good as another, as is the case with halfcrowns,or pounds of rice of the same quality. Horses, slaves, and so forth, are nonfungiblethings, because they differ individually in value, and cannot be exchangedindifferently one for another. Holl. Jur. 88.Where a thing which is the subject of an obligation (which one man is bound todeliver to another) must be delivered in specie, the thing is not fungible; that veryindividual thing, and not another thing of the same or another class, in lieu of it, mustbe delivered. Where the subject of the obligation is a thing of a given class, the thing issaid to be fungible; i. e., the delivery of any object which answers to the genericdescription will satisfy the terms of the obligation. Aust. Jur. 4S3, 4S4.
What is FUNGIBLE THINGS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?