In old English law. A certain territory of wooded ground and fruitful pastures,privileged for wild beasts and fowls of forest, chase, and warren, to rest andabide in the safe protection of the prince for his princely delight and pleasure, having apeculiar court and oliicers. Manw. For. Laws, c. 1, no. 1; Termes de la Ley ; 1 Bl. Comm. 289.A royal hunting-ground which lost its peculiar character with the extinction of itscourts, or when the franchise passed into the hands of a subject. Spelman; Cowell.The word is also used to siguify a franchise or right, being the right of keeping, forthe purpose of hunting, the wild beasts and fowls of forest chase, park, and warren, ina territory or precinct of woody ground or pasture set apart for the purpose. 1 Steph. Comm. 605.
What is FOREST?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check