Lat. An end; a fine; a boundary or terminus; a limit Also in L. Lat, a fine (q.v.)Finis est amicabilis compositio et finalis concordia ex concensu et concor- dia dominiregis vel justiciarum. Clan, lib. 8, c. 1. A tine is an amicable settlement and decisiveagreement by consent and agreement of our lord, the king, or his justices.Finis fincin litibus imponit. A fine puts an end to litigation. 3 Inst. 78.Finis rei attendendns est. 3 Inst. 51. The end of a thing is to be attended to.Fini3 unins cliei est principium alterius.2 Bulst. 305. The end of one day is the beginning of another.
What is FINIS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?