An idiot or fool. Bract, fol. 4206.Foolish; absurd; indiscreet; or ill considered. Fatuum judicium, a foolish judgment orverdict Applied to the verdict of a jury which, though false, was not criminally so, or didnot amount to perjury. Bract, fol. 2S9.Fatuns, apud jurisconsultos nostros, accipitur pro non compos mentis; et fatunsdioitur, qui omnino desipit. 4Coke, 12S. Fatuous, among our jurisconsults, is understood for a man not of right mind;and he is called “fatuus” who is altogether foolish.Fatnus prsesumitur qui in proprio nomine errat. A man is presumed to be simplewho makes a mistake in his own name. Code, 6, 24, 14; Van Alst r. Hunter, 6 Johns. Ch. (N. Y.) 148, 161.
What is FATUUS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?