Lat. In old English law.A deed ; a person’s act and deed : anything stated or made certain ; a sealedinstrument; a deed of conveyance.A fact; a circumstance; particularly a fact In evidence. Bract, fol. 1 b.In testamentary law. The execution or due execution of a will. The factum of aninstrument means not barely the signing of it, and the formal publication or delivery,but proof that the party well knew and understood the contents thereof, and did give,will, dispose, and do, in all things, as in the said will is contained. Weatherhead v. Baskerville,11 How. 354, 13 L. Ed. 717.In the civil law. Fact; a fact; a matter of fact, as distinguished from a matter of law.Dig. 41, 2, 1, 3.In French law. A memoir which contains concisely set down the fact on which acontest has happened, the means on which a party founds his pretensions, with therefutation of the means of the adverse party. Vicat.In old European law. A portion or allotment of land. Spelman.
What is FACTUM?
- NON EST FACTUM
- ALLEGATIO CONTRA FACTUM NON EST AD- MITTENDA
- NON DEBET ACTORI LICERE 824 NON EST FACTUM
- AMBIGUITY UPON TLIE FACTUM
- ACTIO IN FACTUM
- AD FACTUM PRIESTANDUM
- APERTUM FACTUM
- BIS IDEM EXIGI BONA FIDES NON PATITURI ET IN SATISFACTIONIBUS NON PERMITTITNR AMPLINS FIERI QUAM SEMEL FACTUM EST
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Housing For Felons
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?