Lat. In old English law.A deed ; a person’s act and deed : anything stated or made certain ; a sealedinstrument; a deed of conveyance.A fact; a circumstance; particularly a fact In evidence. Bract, fol. 1 b.In testamentary law. The execution or due execution of a will. The factum of aninstrument means not barely the signing of it, and the formal publication or delivery,but proof that the party well knew and understood the contents thereof, and did give,will, dispose, and do, in all things, as in the said will is contained. Weatherhead v. Baskerville,11 How. 354, 13 L. Ed. 717.In the civil law. Fact; a fact; a matter of fact, as distinguished from a matter of law.Dig. 41, 2, 1, 3.In French law. A memoir which contains concisely set down the fact on which acontest has happened, the means on which a party founds his pretensions, with therefutation of the means of the adverse party. Vicat.In old European law. A portion or allotment of land. Spelman.
What is FACTUM?
- NON EST FACTUM
- ALLEGATIO CONTRA FACTUM NON EST AD- MITTENDA
- NON DEBET ACTORI LICERE 824 NON EST FACTUM
- AMBIGUITY UPON TLIE FACTUM
- ACTIO IN FACTUM
- AD FACTUM PRIESTANDUM
- APERTUM FACTUM
- BIS IDEM EXIGI BONA FIDES NON PATITURI ET IN SATISFACTIONIBUS NON PERMITTITNR AMPLINS FIERI QUAM SEMEL FACTUM EST
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check