Contracts are also distinguished into executed and executory: executed, where nothing remains to be done by either party, and where the transaction is completed at the moment that the arrangement is made, as where an article is sold and delivered, and payment therefor is made on the spot; executory, where some future act is to be done, as where an agreement is made to build a house in six months, or to do an act on or before some future day, or to lend money upon a certain interest, payable at a future time. Farrington v. Tennessee. 95 XT. S. 683. 24 L. Ed. 558; Fox v. Kitton. 19 111. 532: Watkins v. Xugen. 118 Ga. 372. 45 S. E. 202: Knoch v. Ives. 14 Fed. Cas. 89 ft; Watson v. Const. 35 W. Ya. 403, 14 S. E. 2-19: Keokuk v. Electric Co.. 90 Iowa, 07, 57 X. W. 08!); Hatch v. Standard Oil Co., 100 II. S. 130. 25 L. Ed. 554; Foley v. Felrath, 98 Ala. 170, 13 South. 4S5. 39 Am. St. Rep. 39. But executed contracts are not properly contracts at all, except reminiscent.v. The term denotes rights in property which have been acquired by means of contract: but the parties are no longer bound by a contractual tie. Mettel v. Gales, 12 S. D. 632, 82 X. W. 181.
What is EXECUTED AND EXECUTORY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?