Contracts are also distinguished into executed and executory: executed, where nothing remains to be done by either party, and where the transaction is completed at the moment that the arrangement is made, as where an article is sold and delivered, and payment therefor is made on the spot; executory, where some future act is to be done, as where an agreement is made to build a house in six months, or to do an act on or before some future day, or to lend money upon a certain interest, payable at a future time. Farrington v. Tennessee. 95 XT. S. 683. 24 L. Ed. 558; Fox v. Kitton. 19 111. 532: Watkins v. Xugen. 118 Ga. 372. 45 S. E. 202: Knoch v. Ives. 14 Fed. Cas. 89 ft; Watson v. Const. 35 W. Ya. 403, 14 S. E. 2-19: Keokuk v. Electric Co.. 90 Iowa, 07, 57 X. W. 08!); Hatch v. Standard Oil Co., 100 II. S. 130. 25 L. Ed. 554; Foley v. Felrath, 98 Ala. 170, 13 South. 4S5. 39 Am. St. Rep. 39. But executed contracts are not properly contracts at all, except reminiscent.v. The term denotes rights in property which have been acquired by means of contract: but the parties are no longer bound by a contractual tie. Mettel v. Gales, 12 S. D. 632, 82 X. W. 181.
What is EXECUTED AND EXECUTORY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Housing For Felons
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?