Contracts are also distinguished into executed and executory: executed, where nothing remains to be done by either party, and where the transaction is completed at the moment that the arrangement is made, as where an article is sold and delivered, and payment therefor is made on the spot; executory, where some future act is to be done, as where an agreement is made to build a house in six months, or to do an act on or before some future day, or to lend money upon a certain interest, payable at a future time. Farrington v. Tennessee. 95 XT. S. 683. 24 L. Ed. 558; Fox v. Kitton. 19 111. 532: Watkins v. Xugen. 118 Ga. 372. 45 S. E. 202: Knoch v. Ives. 14 Fed. Cas. 89 ft; Watson v. Const. 35 W. Ya. 403, 14 S. E. 2-19: Keokuk v. Electric Co.. 90 Iowa, 07, 57 X. W. 08!); Hatch v. Standard Oil Co., 100 II. S. 130. 25 L. Ed. 554; Foley v. Felrath, 98 Ala. 170, 13 South. 4S5. 39 Am. St. Rep. 39. But executed contracts are not properly contracts at all, except reminiscent.v. The term denotes rights in property which have been acquired by means of contract: but the parties are no longer bound by a contractual tie. Mettel v. Gales, 12 S. D. 632, 82 X. W. 181.
What is EXECUTED AND EXECUTORY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?